12 Questions to Ask Your Wedding Videographer
Hi There! I was thinking over the weekend about what it must be like to be a Bride, or groom to be, and all the questions that come to mind about the big day. It can be very stressful! Boise Wedding Productions if my dream job. I love what I do, and I love helping my clients feel at ease knowing that they have just made the best investment into preserving memories from their big day. I take all the worry out of that. I have been asked a lot of questions about what I do, how I do it, how much I cost, and so on. All questions are very valid! After all, your wedding day is the BIGGEST day in your life, and you want it to be the way you planned it all your life!
I have come up with the BIG 12 questions you should always ask your wedding videographer. There are always a lot of other questions, but these are a good starting point….
- What's the videographer's style -- cinematic, documentary, or a mix of both? (Then ask yourselves: Does this jibe with what we're going for?)
- Has the videographer done many weddings before? What's her storytelling approach when it comes to taping a wedding? (This clues you in to his experience and philosophy.) Ask to view samples of her recent work.
- Has the videographer won any awards? Is he a member of any national and local videography associations?
- How does she coordinate with a wedding photographer? Has the videographer worked with your photographer before?
- Has he ever shot a wedding at your ceremony or reception site? If so, can you see the tape?
- How many other weddings is the videographer shooting on your wedding day or weekend? (Make sure there are no time constraints.)
- Will the videographer you're speaking to be the one who will be shooting your wedding? If not, make sure you speak to whomever will actually shoot.
- What types of cameras, tapes, and microphones will the videographer use? How new is the equipment? Ask her to explain how certain effects are achieved and to outline the benefit of using certain technologies. You may not catch all the techno-speak, but it helps to have a sense of what's what.
- Ask about editing equipment. Request an explanation of the technological process.
- How bright a light do they use? (If shooting requires the room lights to be on all evening, much of the romance and ambiance of your event may be lost.)
- Will a backup camera be on hand for the event?
- How does the videographer charge for services? Are there packages? Request a price list.
There you go! I hope this can help you get the thought process started on what to ask your videogragher! If they can't answer these basic questions with confidence, that should be a red flag!
I hope you have a great week! I will be back next week with more from Boise Wedding Productions!